UMFF 2016 Panels and Workshops
UMFF 2016 Guest Speakers
In addition to the global, award-winning films shown at UMFF 2016, attendees have the opportunity to attend intimate conversations, panels and workshops led by industry professionals. This year we will have an exceptional group of creatives who will share their knowledge and experiences in digital content, film and television.
Register today for UMFF 2016 for insider tips and production/distribution strategies.
Photo: Vanessa A. Williams teaching an actor's workshop -- "Nailing the Audition" -- at UMFF 2013.
Industry Professionals Share Their Knowledge
Cornerstone at NovoLogic - 279 W. Crogan St., Lawrenceville, GA USA - October 6-7, 2016
Cinefest Film Theatre at Georgia State University - 66 Courtland St,., Atlanta, GA USA - October 8-11, 2016
Friday, October 7, 2016 | Cornerstone at NovoLogic | 279 W. Crogan Street, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 | 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Digital Marketing for Entrepreneurs, Small Businesses and Non-Profits - 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. - Sponsored by Camrose Creative Services, Digital Small Business Marketing, Urban Mediamakers and WeCodeAcademy FREE [Get Tickets]
- UMFF 2016 Writers Luncheon - Noon - 1:00 p.m. | "The Art of Storytelling" | UMFF Filmmakers/Writers Only Event [RSVP Required]
- Filming in Georgia: Production Incentives, Getting Permits, Finding Locations, Connecting with Crew and More - 1:30-2:30 p.m. FREE [Get Tickets]
Lee Thomas, Deputy Commissioner, Georgia Film Commission, GDED
Alison Fibben, Project Manager, Georgia Film Office, GDED
- Sitcom 101 Writing Session | LaMont Ferrell, Writer and Producer - 1:30-4:00p $30 [Buy Tickets]
- What Is Coding All About? An Introduction to App, Game and Web Design and Development | Cheryle Reynolds | Founder and Senior Web/App Designer/Developer, WeCodeAcademy | FREE 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Hosting Your Own Television Show Online and Making Money | Audrey Bell-Kearney, CEO, HerTube Media Network - 4:30-6:00 p.m. $10 [Buy Tickets]
Saturday, October 8, 2016 - Cinefest Film Theatre and Meeting Room at Georgia State University
- UMFF 2016 Conversation with Black Women in Film and Television - 3:00-5:00p | $30 [Buy Tickets] Presented in partnership with Hollywood's Black Renaissance - Women of the African Diaspora in Film & Television.
-- Johnetta Boone | Costume Designer | OWN's Greenleaf
-- Rhavynn Drummer | Casting Director | Tyler Perry's The Single Mom's Club
-- Redelia Shaw | Assistant Director, DGA | Media Professor, Santa Monica College - CA
-- Nakia Stephens | Writer/Content Creator | Cream X Coffee Web Series
Moderator: K. Nicole Mills, Founder, Hollywood's Black Renaissance
- Turning a Story Idea into a Best-Selling Book, Play or Script | Omar Tyree, New York Times Best-Seller Author | | 1:30-4:30p | $20 [Buy Tickets]
- Creating and Producing A Television Pilot or Web Series: A Case Study | 5:30-7:30p | Make Time 4 Love | Javier McIntosh, Director | Atlanta, GA USA | Watch Trailer | [Get Tickets]