AfroFuturism Festival: Black Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror and Gaming
What is AfroFuturism?
AfroFuturism takes you on a journey for self-discovery and engages the spiritual senses.
Nigerian Artist Ytasha Womack, author of "Afrofuturism: the World of Black Sci-Fi Fantasy and Fantasy Culture," explains that, to her, Afrofuturism offers a “highly intersectional” way of looking at possible futures or alternate realities through a black cultural lens. It is non-linear, fluid and uses the black imagination to consider mysticism, metaphysics, identity and liberation; and, despite offering black folks a way to see ourselves in a better future, Afrofuturism blends the future, the past and the present.
get your tickets to the AfroFuturism Festival 2018
AfroFuturism is a movement that the Urban Mediamakers organization has joined. A consortium of content creators who use new technology to create a multitude of interactive projects, the organization gives urban creatives an opportunity to showcase their artistry as they tell stories of their communities, compete with peers, hone their skills through educational series and interact with public supporters of media excellence. The Urban Mediamakers bring a mixed bag of media projects representing AfroFuturism.
You are invited to be a part of the 3rd annual AfroFuturism Festival celebrating Black sci-fi, fantasy, horror through art, films, books, comics and gaming.
Saturday, October 12, 2019 | 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- 2-Day All Access Pass $50 | Day Pass $25-$35 | Get Tickets
- Film Screenings | 1:00-2:30 p.m. and 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- UMFF 2019 Films in Competition 2:30-7:00 p.m.
AfroFuturism ticket holders have free admission to UMFF 2019 film screenings on this day.
UMFF Saturday Night Atlanta Club/Bar Hop Party Van | $95 per person | Get Tickets
Sunday, October 13, 2019
AfroFuturism Creatives Showcase | | 2:00p - 6:00p | Showcasing visual artists, writers and filmmakers in Black sci-fi, fantasy, horror and gaming.
- AfroFuturism Fest 2019 | Room 460-462 | 2:00-8:00 p.m. | Urban Mediamakers' presenting the black perspective of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. | Day Pass $35 | Get Tickets
- AfroFuturism Film Screening Series
- AfroFuturism Artist Gallery and Music
- #WhileBlack Escape Game | A Creative Way of Looking at a Real Problem
- Visual Effects for Film and Television
- Blending the Secular and Sacred in Speculative Fiction
- Optional UMFF Events (not included with AfroFuturism Ticket)
- Urban PitchFest 2019 | 3:00 - 6:00 p.m | Connecting exceptional urban content creators with investors, producers, directors, studio/production executives, agents and managers | $39 | Get Tickets
AfroFuturism ticket holders have free admission to select UMF 2018 film screenings on this day.
AfroFuturism and UMFF After Party
Note: This schedule may change without notice.
AfroFuturism Festival 2019 Tickets
Presented by Urban Mediamakers
$25 Saturday | $35 Sunday
Youth 18 and under MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES. No exceptions. No refunds.
GET TICKETS NOW!